Authority Vs. Leadership
This post is one that I have been sitting on for a while and I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it it. I have been struggling, for a while now, trying to figure out my place at the office. It's strange, people look up to me and count of me for answers to things which I like and appreciate, A LOT! However, I have little to no authority when it comes to how things are done. So, when people come to me with problems or thoughts about how things could be done differently there isn't much I can do.
This tells me 2 things about myself:
1. People see me as a leader
2. I need to do something to either position myself for authority or I should let people know I can't help them.
There are several issues which should be addressed:
1. Have you found yourself in a position of influence (leadership) without authority? If so, what have you done?
2. Why are some people more prone to have influence (leadership) while others are prone to follow?
3. How does one put themselves in a position of authority? Is it possible to elevate yourself or is it a matter of patience?
4. If you are a believer, where does God come in?
I appreciate your thoughts!