Self Discipline - Don't be a sissy
dis·ci·pline noun \ˈdi-sə-plən\ - orderly or prescribed conduct or pattern of behavior
I have been thinking about how to set my self up for success on several levels recently and have come to the realization that I have been a Sissy. For a couple of months I have be lax in my self discipline.
I've allowed my patterns of behavior to be influenced by outside forces, I haven't taken the time to come up with game plans on how to attack things so that I am disciplined to see things through.
Here are some things I'm going to work on in the next two weeks:
1. Work - Schedule for accomplishing things, everyday has a specific purpose (ie, Monday - Paperwork, Tuesday - Networking, etc)
2. Workout - I FINALLY found an inexpensive treadmill on craigslist (I just have to get it home) so mornings will be filled with cardio
3. Church - I need to put together a schedule for the year's events coming up
4. Personal - I will set time on my calendar every month for a few things (notes to friends/family, date with Mary, Gun range, etc)
5. Blog - I need to set up days every week when I will blog so it's more consistent.
I'm making the list, it's a little more detailed on paper, and I'm going to implement it ASAP.
What about you? Where are you lacking self discipline right now? Anything I'm forgetting?